Trinity United Methodist Church has been in North Ottawa for 126 years.
The first gathering was in a home on North Main.
The first church building was a white frame structure, just one block north of our current location.
In 1951 the Congregation moved into our current building at the corner of North Cedar and Massacoit.
In 2009, the former parsonage, just south of the main building was redone to house our offices and classrooms opening up space in the main building for a bigger nursery and a “gathering area.”
From a very simple beginning on the “north side” Trinity remains committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ. We understand the world has changed dramatically since March 16, 1884. What has not changed is the need we all have to grow our faith and our relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Our structure is simple. We worship in a traditional space with beautiful stained glass windows but we understand that how we live out lives of faith is incredibly relevant in the twenty-first century.
We understand we respond to God’s love with love. It is what the people of Trinity have been doing for a long time.
We are United Methodist. The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren unified in 1968 to become The United Methodist Church. We are proud to be a global denomination and part of what we call a connectional system.